5.09.2009

the end is near

I feel like tomorrow is the culmination of the past 16 years of education. That is a really heavy weight to put onto one day, and it is finally beginning to weigh on me. I've known it was coming, and in so many ways, I've prepared for it, but today, it finally hit me that this is the end. There's a lump in my throat and a heaviness behind my eyes, but I'm not ready to cry quite yet. There are a lot of important things to do first: thank yous, goodbyes, cleaning, and packing (oh so much packing).

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I totally cried right before I went on stage for graduation... all my professors were lined up and clapped for us as we walked right past them. I didnt want to leave!

Audrey Thomas said...

Any type of graduation is bittersweet. In this situation, you will be saying good-bye to the life and roommates you've had for the past four years but opening the door to new opportunities, new relationships, new experiences. It's best to embrace it cuz it ain't goin' away! Love you!