4.19.2009

Surprised by Provision

Call me outrageously optimistic. Call me a glutton for punishment. Call me crazy, call me insane, but whatever you call me, call me employed!!!

I'm happy to announce that I have arranged full-time (albeit temporary) work here in the Chicago area! I'll be working as a live-in nanny in Elburn--25 miles west of Wheaton--from the end of May through Labor Day. It's not a traditional nanny job, but I'm very excited about it...

It's infant triplets! :)

The family is a young couple (talk about down-to-earth, enjoyable people!) and while I haven't met the babies yet, I really can't wait to work for them. And I won't be the sole care provider, since Mom is staying home, too.

There are some bittersweet moments in this whole deal, because I was planning on moving home for one last summer, but a job is a job and in this economy, I am very grateful for that. I will still be traveling back and forth to Minneapolis on the weekends especially in June for graduations and weddings. The positives are that I get to stay in Chicago with the ability to interview for permanent employment. I'm also close to my friends in the city and close enough to still be involved at Life Church!

I'm claiming Romans 8:28 for this time in my life: He works everything together for the good of those who love Him. Rejoice with me in His provision!

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Life Church rules! holler!

Audrey Thomas said...

Praise God from whom ALL things flow. While I will miss you terribly, I am so happy and thankful for this opportunity to stay in Chicago to keep looking for permanent work. I will keep praying for you and thanking God all at the same time. I'm proud of you sweetie!

Lindsay said...

I am so happy for you! You sound so happy about all of this, i'm trusting God for his provision in my own life right now... keepin my hopes up for a job myself!

Jamie Willow said...

oh how fun! and what a unique opportunity...triplets! dang. you will be loved merely by showing up, add in being a great woman and a loving heart and this family will not know what hit them...a little taste of heaven. You will be such a blessing to them and get paid to do it. perfect :)

congrats!