11.26.2010

my thanksgiving was better than your thanksgiving

It's the end of the month of gratitude. Many of my friends have been participating in the 1000 gifts project, taking the month of November to list 1000 gifts from God. Consider this my contribution to the project.

I'm grateful for spending Thanksgiving with my family in Colorado, and for sledding together in the Rocky Mountains:

I'm grateful for cousins crazy enough to marry into our family:

I'm grateful for newly engaged cousins (!):

I'm grateful for toboggan rides that start out promising:

but end in whitewashes:
(let's be honest, I really did miss this in Nigeria)

I'm especially grateful for the strong women in my life, from whom I can learn so much:

I'm grateful for the community of friends, old and new, that God has built up around me, to encourage me and keep me on track.

I'm grateful for a job that fits my gifts and passions, and one I will learn and grow in.

I'm grateful for this stage of life, however in-between it feels, and for the lessons I'm learning in the process.

No comments: