2.11.2011

except I really do like it here

On the heels of yesterday's bittersweet post, please allow me to temper the bitter with more sweet. I truly didn't mean that I would rather be in Africa right now than stateside. Here's a quick indication that I'm grateful to be where I am:

Miami 2011

Vacations are where it's at, yo. I accompanied Jon on his work retreat and while he was in professional programming, I was on the beach, in the gym, at the spa, or by the pool. We also went sailing in Biscayne Bay. First time off since Thanksgiving (I worked Christmas Eve, trying to get the college open!) and I feel so very refreshed following our return.

Another reason I'm grateful to be on this continent? Girls' night tonight with some of my dearest friends, both old and new. We're getting our spa on. There will be chocolate brownies. And mango mousse. Please, no photos.

2 comments:

Shelly Chrisman said...

Where's the "LIKE" button when you need it?

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're here. :) xoxo