4.10.2011

on feeling real

So much of the past week has been a blur: of activity, of celebration, of sharing our news. I remain thankful for our friends and loved ones who are a sure source of joy.

That floaty feeling, though? That stayed around a while. Even though this past week of work was busy, I was still mostly being carried around on a big cloud of happy. It didn't feel real - too fairytale, too perfect (is there such a thing?).

Without giving too much away, though, I went dress shopping yesterday with my mom and future mom-in-law. And boy, if it didn't feel real when I put on that first white dress and caught my reflection in all those mirrors. I felt, I think for the first time, like a woman shopping for her wedding dress instead of a little girl playing dress-up.

This is really happening. I'm getting married. I have a fiance, and he is a gift.

I am so blessed.

No comments: