5.17.2011

on Day 151

I'll whisper this very quietly so as not to disturb anyone:

Sometimes I forget my wedding is in 5 months.

Don't mistake me: I remember every single day that I'm marrying the love of my life. It's just that sometimes, when people ask me about wedding details, I stumble a bit and then my brain says, "Oh, that's right! You're having a wedding in October!"

And you know what? I think that's okay.

I think it's okay that I anticipate the day when I will just be married to Jon more than the day I actually get married to Jon. Does that make sense?

I have it on good authority (namely, the opinions of the godly women I'm surrounded by) that it is beneficial that my priorities have fallen in this order. It's when women spend too much time preparing for the wedding and not enough time preparing for the marriage that couples get into trouble, or so they tell me.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking to my sweet, strong mother to negotiate contracts and keep details in check and remind me of timelines. But I'll forgive myself for forgetting that my wedding is in 150 days because I am too caught up in the wonder of Days 151 and following.

I might need you, my dear friends, to give me a little extra grace, too, okay? Thanks a million.

2 comments:

mattvstherealworld said...

amen.

glad to hear you're remembering to prepare for the marriage and not just the wedding. This will pay off, believeyoume.

.matt

Shelly Chrisman said...

Pretty sure your mama won't let you forget!! I'm sure she'll even plan it for you!