5.24.2011

on making decisions

This whole wedding planning thing has taught me a couple things about myself and the way I make decisions:

1. I am indecisive (this I knew previously).
2. I try to please others (this I also knew).
3. I am dispassionate about a great many little things.
4. I do not fit the "typical bride" mold.

As it turns out, the little details don't captivate me. I don't really care about specific kinds of flowers, as long as they're fall colors. I don't really care what color shoes my bridesmaids wear, as long as they're comfortable. I don't get super specific with centerpieces, or bent out of shape about cake.

Can we all just acknowledge that October 14th will be an incredibly special day, not because of the details, but because of the occasion itself? Yes, there will be a few very unique touches to this wedding and reception, but what's more important is that everyone we love will be together and we will all be joyful.

I have a feeling that as we all keep our attention fixed on the joy of the day, the details will fall into place.

And it will be great.

It just may be exactly what we expect: the best day of our lives.

2 comments:

Rebecca Martinson said...

I was the same way Mags at least we know you won't be a Bridezilla! It drove my mom absolutely nuts as I suppose it is yours, but o well! That's the way to be - laid back, no one is going to remember what the napkins said, or what color they were, or if you did or didn't have bubbles... don't sweat the small stuff! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

this is a great mentality!! just enjoy the process, and enjoy the marriage even more!! :)