7.02.2008

The Missing Phenomenon

Though I hate writing 2 completely unrelated posts in one day, I've got a lot on my mind right now. I've left me no choice.

I just checked in on my (past/present/future/forever) roommate Ashley's blog, and in her most recently post she published a list of things she misses. While I heartily agree with most all the things on her list, and even copied it with the intent to paste it here in my post, I think it may be more cathartic for me to write my own. She did such a great job, though, I'll embed her list in mine. Ashy, just think of me as your personal PR rep. I'm getting your name and your ideas out there!

Things I miss: being the good kind of stressed, having a reason to write, checking in with my Admissions office moms every day, making spaghetti for 20 of my closest college friends, going to the beach for labor day ("guys, i have a new most embarrassing moment"), those stupid but endearing get-to-know-you games on the first day of class, New Testament with Huizenga, Grande Grupo and the Reunion Tour in Spanish Lit, always having a standing dinner date with the roomies, yelling out of windows (read: throwing water balloons) in Terrace, the shower caddy that always fell down, yelling "Sayrah Bayeth" an obnoxious number of times, doing group yoga at the condo in CO, shinsplints from walking to and from Terrace 4 times a day, even in the winter, Jukebox meetings, walking to Jesse's after work on Mondays and Wednesdays, Life Church with Ashley, screaming at football games, going to Macaroni Grille 10 million times, dance parties with glowsticks and Graham, almond-crusted stuffed french toast from Egglectic, $60 trips to Target, celebrating birthdays, interviews and article-writing for the Record, seeing my name in print 3 times, collapsing exhausted into bed after writing a paper or getting off work, borrowing my friends' cute clothes, the Christmas party of 1047 B3 & B4, dancing to Chris Brown and (dare i say it?) Miley Cyrus, stuffed peaches in saga, watching Project Runway on youtube, the Thursday night Office crowd, lunch right after chapel, not ever doing my homework until the last minute, Jayj falling asleep on the couch every weekend night, cramming into Amy's room in Fischer, getting free therapy from the roomies, sitting on the blue couch and crying with Ash over Into the Wild, just sitting together in the apartment and contemplating being ourselves.

1 comment:

ashley elizabeth said...

thanks maggie for the PR, you know...i can't promise much compensation other than future dance parties with more glowsticks and less clothes...