7.12.2009

Continuing Down the Road

I make my plans, but the Lord orders my steps.

I accepted the position in Nigeria on Friday afternoon with a salary counter-offer, and now I wait to see if this negotiation has been approved. The decision is out of my hands.

Truthfully, the decision was never mine, because the Lord orders my steps.

I was created for the purpose of His glory, and whether I do that from Nigeria or Chicago or Minneapolis, I seek only to be obedient. And EVEN IF the answer comes back "no," the Lord will reorder my steps as I continue in obedience. (see Daniel 3:16-18 for my favorite "even if" scenario).

My prayer is that the decision that comes back to me will bring definitive confirmation, one way or the other.

3 comments:

Jennifer Hurlburt said...

I'm so proud of you Maggie. This is the perfect time in your life to take an opportunity overseas. If you have any questions about teaching you know where to find me :)

Holly said...

Mags- What an exciting time in your life! I am so proud of YOU!!! I can hardly wait to hear stories and experiences you'll write about this new adventure.
Please keep us updated- we are committed to praying for you!

Love you!!!

Holly said...

P.S. thanks for the encouraging comment you left over at my blog- it means the world to me! I love you!