7.08.2009

This is Nigeria.

To me, Nigeria is still a faceless place I've never been to. At least now I've connected a voice with the location. I spoke with the director of the school today and got more of my questions answered. I think I'm getting closer to making a final decision, but not before more prayer, fasting, and research.
This decision is complicated by the fact that this is so not a business deal to me. I'm not choosing this career path for the money, for the security, for the perks. This is more of a spiritual decision for me than anything else, and so I wait on God. In silence, in meditation, in song, in tears, in anxiety, in loneliness, in need, in trust and in faith I continue to wait on Him.

A few more pics of the strange new world I might move to.
Symbolic Geography:

The Presence of Islam:

Culture:

No comments: