10.04.2010

the embarrassment continues

I thought that post on high-school-aged me was the most embarrassing one I've ever written.

I'm about to outdo myself.

As some background, let me just tell you I had the most amazing weekend. Twins game, good friends, good movies, good food, and lots of good laughs. Just a phenomenal weekend.

As the cherry on the top of that weekend is the tiny little detail that I lost my car keys last night.

Lost my keys. Do you know who loses keys? Ancient people who shouldn't be driving. And 15-year-old girls. And maybe also my brother.

Jake just did this a month ago. And when it happened to him, I laughed and thought, "Hmm. Maybe I should have a spare set made for my car. Whatever - I'm responsible."

Joke's on me.

The keys could be in any of the following places: Spencer and Marjorie's house, their car, Fogo de Chão in downtown Minneapolis, anywhere on the Nicollet Mall, the 38th floor of the IDS Tower, or Jon's car.

You know, one of those places.

What a great foray into adult life: phoning the Hyundai Dealership to find out how to create a car key from scratch. Watch me grow up realfast.

EDIT 3pm CST: My keys have been located at the restaurant. Thank God! My pride is restored!

No comments: