10.25.2010

it's not about pity

If you have ever lived through a Minnesota winter, if you have children, if you have been to Africa, if you know what culture shock is, if you have ever seen a homeless person, if you have ever felt cold, if you strive to live missionally, if you want to do something practical to help your fellow man:

I NEED YOU.

My friends Samuel & Shola, and their two daughters, Esther (8) and Grace (2) relocated from Nigeria to Minnesota in August. (Do you know where this is going yet?)

Weather.com says Minnesota is going to get cold this week, with wind and rain.

Samuel and Shola and their daughters are not prepared for a Minnesota winter.

And for once, I can help. I know how to help.

But I need your help. They need winter clothes. All of them. And boots and coats.

MN Moms and Dads: Esther and Grace need the clothes your kids have outgrown. I don't have sizes for them, as their parents are unfamiliar with US sizing. From holding her, I would say little Grace is a 2T, maybe 3T. Esther is tall for an 8-year-old, but quite thin.

If you want to get on board with this, please email me at maggie.e.thomas@gmail.com. I'm going to check with the family on sizes and compile a list of what we have and what we need.

It's not about pity, it's about love. And right now, my Nigerian friends need some MN lovin'.

No comments: