7.24.2010

you can laugh...

The fundamental rule to embarrassing moments is that as long as they happen to somebody else, they're hilarious.

As long as they happen to somebody else.

Not today, my friends.

This afternoon I switched phones. The Samsung Sway I purchased last summer ended up being a major disappointment. (Clearly, I hadn't anticipated moving to Nigeria when I upgraded.) I would not advise you to ever purchase this model - the battery lasts less than 24 hours, even when not in use and the screen rarely functions. And this is after being turned off for 10 months while I was overseas.

Right, so I switched phones, back to the one I used in college. It contains most of my contacts anyways, and while it's not cool-looking, at least I can read the screen when someone calls me.

The phone also contained all texts sent and received from last summer before I left for Africa. Instead of just deleting all the messages like a smart person, I re-read and deleted each one individually. Like a not-smart person.

And then somewhere in that process, I resent a couple of those messages. Accidentally. Messages from a year ago. Messages that don't mean anything anymore. Messages to the guy I dated last summer. Messages to the guy I'm no longer dating, but whom I was dating when I first sent those messages.

Oh. My. Gosh.

Also, oops.

Also, my bad/sorry.

Also, that's embarrassing.

See? This is why technology complicates our lives. This is why cell phones suck and I'm a terrible texter. Because apparently I'm also a re-texter.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh. No. And did said ex-boyfriend reply back? I can't wait to hear the details of this...