8.05.2010

never ceases

Oh, friends, God never ceases to amaze me.

On August 4th 2009, I was preparing to leave for Nigeria and had racked up an enormous credit card bill. My parents were going to loan me the money until my paychecks kicked in. Then I received a check from Disney in the mail for $30 over the amount of the bill.

On August 4th 2010, I was unemployed and seeking a job and was enjoying my savings too thoroughly. Then I received a check from Disney in the mail for an amount which would take me 20 hours of babysitting to earn.

365 days apart. 6,400 miles (and back again). 12 years since the movie's release. Same mighty provision.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: My God is a God who provides.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Amen & amen, dear Maggie! So glad to hear of your getting to see it in such creative ways. :)

Lindsay said...

so how can I get Disney to send me checks randomly? ha