8.09.2010

no more funemployment

For the record, this post has been a long time coming. Keeping quiet about exciting news is not my forte. at. all.

The organization I hinted at last week, Rivendell Sanctuary, has offered me a full-time position and I am so excited to join their team tomorrow morning.

Rivendell is a brand-new college based out of Minneapolis, with a brilliant education philosophy and a bright future. Feel free to read more on the website, but this is the core I keep coming back to: Rivendell creates students of honor, not just honor students. Amen and amen!

They're giving me the opportunity to do all the things I love: lots of writing, some blogging, some college admissions work, front desk, and even the chance to help our students with their writing skills.

Given all these details, then, let's look at a couple things I wrote recently:
1. "I want to get a full-time job. Something with benefits. Doesn't have to rock my world. Does need to be steady income." Check. (Bonus: the job does rock my world.)
2. "I want to find my passion. I hope it will be a cross between writing and bettering mankind." Check and check.
3. "I am probably not suit-and-tie material...I'm talking about the whole philosophy behind corporate." Check. Rivendell is not all about profit - they are all about changing lives.
4. "I don't want to write anything if it can't make a difference in someone else's life." Check. Writing for Rivendell means encouraging a student to reach his full potential.
5. "I want to work for something I can get behind--something bigger than me. I never want to apologize for what I do or who I work for. I never want to be embarrassed to be associated with a particular organization." Check. Check. Check. Rivendell is exactly the type of organization I can get behind.
6. "I can do anything for a year. I can be suit-and-tie, I can write with a sales bent, and I can work for a corporation who is only interested in stock market success. I can do that." But now, I don't have to!
7. Finally, a little nugget of thought: this job wasn't available last May when I graduated from college. (ahem, Nigeria, cough cough.)

God's timing is perfect. His ways are greater than my ways. I make my plans, and He orders my steps.

Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Psalm 150:1-2

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Praising Him with you, dear Maggie! Hallelujah!!! :) :) :)

KLo said...

God is good! Praise the Lord for His provision! We are very happy for you. Thanks for sharing.