8.02.2010

welcome back, optimism

I really know how to write depressing posts, huh? That last one was a doozy. (doozie? doozee? duuzi?)

Thankfully, I'm feeling much better. It was disarming though, the way that homesickness sidelined me. If I've learned anything from this brief but horrifying experience, it's that I have to allow myself to feel my feelings.

NB: Bottling is not an effective coping mechanism for culture shock/homesickness.

One reason for the emotional turn-around is that I've started writing some articles for Minnesota Bridging the Gap, a women's ministry resource. The articles are casual-conversational, but really fun to write. One is published already, and two more are under review. I'll let you know when the next ones are published.

A huge part of my mood improvement is because I've found an organization I'm really passionate about with a job opening that corresponds with my giftings. I'd prefer to save details for after this week's meeting with the company, but this opportunity could be exactly what I've hoped for.

Suffice it to say, things are looking up. This could be the week I get a job.

You guys, this could be the week.

3 comments:

Shelly Chrisman said...

You go Maggie!!

Lindsay said...

love you mags! Articles are refreshed each Thursday, most likely another one will be published then!

Amanda said...

Wahoo!! I am so so happy for you, my sweet talented wonderful friend. :) I loved your article. And Rivendell looks awesome. When is your meeting with them??