9.04.2010

most wonderful time of the year

You guys, it's here. Fall.

You know, the season I've been waiting for and talking about and missing all the way from Nigeria?

Well, it's here.

Yesterday was drizzly and blustery and under 60F. Which was awesome, and totally sweatshirt weather, except that I didn't have anything to wear to work.

I don't mean that I pulled everything out of my closet onto the floor, stamped my foot like a twelve-year-old, and complained that I had nothing to wear. I mean that I stared at my closet for a full minute looking for a combination of long pants, long-sleeves, and a cute fall jacket. There was no such outfit.

Apparently, I've never needed autumn dress clothes. All previous autumns have been spent in the collegiate world of Wheaton sweatshirts, with the exception of last autumn, which was spent in 90-degree Nigeria.

Yesterday, I wore khaki pants and a khaki raincoat. They khlashed. It was bad.

After work, I picked up some decent matching clothes. At Target, I ran across this:
Yankee Candle's Autumn Festival jar candle, a.k.a. Autumn-in-my-Room.

These things: this candle, these clothes, this time of year, this crisp anticipation of what winter has in store, these things help me miss Nigeria less. Only a little bit, but still. I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

oooh I want some! OK, I realized that I saw you at church and didnt say hello! I hardly recognized you today! Looking forward to our next coffee date... whenever that is! Love ya.