9.09.2010

third time's a charm?

Okay, so make that 3 articles published at MN Bridging the Gap. Read my most recent one HERE.

I feel a little badly, though. I named this article "Life in the Time of Unemployment." Firstly, I feel badly because Gabriel García Márquez is probably disappointed that I ripped off his title.

Secondly, I feel badly because the whole basis of the article is maybe not true anymore. I promise it was true when I wrote the article back in July, it's just not true anymore.

Thirdly, I feel badly because if I write a follow-up article (to clear things up), I don't want to dishearten other women out there who faced, are facing, and will face a time of unemployment far, far longer than mine. God has shown Himself incredibly faithful with the advent of my new job. He was faithful in my 2 months of unemployment and is--surprise!--still faithful. I just don't want to rub it in.

Oh, the conversations I have in my head. Feel free to read the article and tell me how I should proceed: Do I write a follow-up article? Do I just leave it? AND ALSO: do I rewrite my bio to reflect my new job? Is that just too much marketing?

The self-questioning never ceases.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Way to go!! :) I would say, at the least re-write your bio. It's not really self-promotion - it's promoting Rivendell, which happens to be your job. :) If you write a follow-up article, just be sure to mention what you just did - that God's timing and provision are different for each person, but He is faithful to provide! <3